|Powers|| Plasma Generation
|Age|| Part I : 14-15
Part II : 17-18
|Height|| Part I : 5'9"
Part II : 6'2"
|Weight|| Part I :121 lbs
Part II : 143 lbs
|Occupation|| Part I : High School Student
Part II : University Student/ Part-Time Lab Analyst
|Base of Operations||Utopia Town, Hart|
Matthew's most distinguishing feature is his height, a trait he has been ridiculed about for years on end. He is a tall, lean-built young man with tan skin and black eyes. He has black wavy hair that he keeps rather short.
He has a tendency to wear shirts patterned with the number 13 to disprove the theory that the number is unlucky. Since becoming a hero, he has become noticeably more muscular, as noted by his friends. When he is a hero he wears a long sleeved black shirt with the letter 'M' in the center over a target pattern, as well as black pants and boots with finger-less gloves and an eye mask. After training in the Wormhole hair grows considerably, and he is noticeably taller, as stated by his friends. After he loses his powers, his appearance reverts to the way it was before his Wormhole training. A year after defeating Lucius, Matthew's overall appearance does not change, but he becomes taller and grows sideburns. After regaining his powers, Matthew's consists of a white shirt with his glowing symbol in his chest. He has four black vertical lines on his forearms and black, tattoo-like bands crossing over his chest, wrists, and ankles. Similar bands, but with white ends, lie around his neck as collars and come together at his sternum form the green gem that was given to him by his mother.
When he was younger, Matthew considered his parents to be the center of his world, always smiling when he was with them. As a teenager, Matthew is easy-going, and laid-back but short-tempered, and strong-willed when the situation calls for it.Despite claiming not to care about what other people think about him, he attempts to maintain a detached and "cool" image. Matthew is a very capable student, ranked 1st in his year at school many times, who studies regularly and does not neglect his schoolwork often. Matthew hates fortune telling, horoscopes, feng shui, psychics, and anyone whose trade involves taking money from people for things they cannot see. Matthew has a strong desire to win his fights, but in what he views as a legitimate manner.
Matthew was born on December 8th as the son of James and Nicole Thatcher, 14 years before he gained his powers. Matthew was able to see Plasmatic energy of certain objects for as long as he could remember. On June 17th, when Matthew was eight years old, he and his parents were going to a wedding when Matthew suddenly claimed to be ill. Staying with his neighbour, Thalia Greenwall, his parents left and were shortly after killed in an accident upon their return from the wedding.
After being placed in an orphanage Matthew grew up wanting to protect everyone so much so that he frequently got into fights to protect those he cared for, this led to him becoming quite skilled in fighting.
Plasma Pendant : A small green gem encased in an ornate silver casing with two black beads on either side, this gem is directly connected to The Mainstream and when exposed to high levels of plasmatic energy it begins to absorb and store the energy until it unlocks the mainstream and gives the wielder its power.
Powers and AbilitiesEdit
|Mainstream Power : Initially, Matthew's Mainstream powers focused on using the power in his pendant . By manipulating the plasmatic energy in the gem, Matthew causes the badge to release green energy that can form solid constructs and fire simple blasts of energy. While possible primarily for defense, particularly to block attacks. It can absorb most of the impact from a much larger opponent's attack.Later, his Mainstream powers evolve so they change his appearance, covering his whole body in a black. After Matthew's Mainstream form is completed, it transforms into a solid outfit with a white armor covering his chest, arms, shoulders, and feet.|
|Enhanced Speed: Through Mainstream Power, Matthew can move far more quickly than usual.Matthew's feet emit a flickering green light, which indicates he is preparing for his next high-speed movement.|
|Enhanced Strength: In his complete Mainstream form, Matthew's strength is greatly enhanced. With a single hand, and from an angle with no leverage, Matthew caught a punch from Stronger unfazed. With a single kick, he can launch his opponent several meters with considerable force.|
- Plasmatic Generation : M-Strike has the ability to generate and manipulate plasma energy.
- Enhanced Speed : M-Strike is deceptively fast as demonstrated when he caught a falling Hannah Rose despite being a great distance away.
- Expert hand to hand combatant : In addition to powerful kicks and punches, Matthew is proficient in counterattacks, takedowns, and body locks. He has repeatedly caught an opponent's weapon strikes with a single hand. He has taken down gangsters and random criminals effortlessly. While the majority of his skills came from self-defense classes, Matthew has gained much experience in battle from the number of fights he got into as a child.
- 'Enhanced Durability : While only a teenage boy, Matthew is quite durable
- Keen Intellect : Despite his laid-back attitude, Matthew is a very analytical and perceptive person whose grades are almost always at the top.
- Enhanced Reflexes : Matthew possesses great reflexes, dodging a strike with no wasted effort and immediately counterattacking. He can strike quickly, without warning, and in rapid succession. His speed allows him to follow the movements of faster opponents to better analyze their movements, and block otherwise fatal strikes.
- Enhanced Strength : Physically, Matthew's body is in top form. He has repeatedly shown great agility and coordination in his attacks.
|Armada Power : During his fight with M-Strike was infused with AHC, a chemical used by Lucius Maxwell in the creation of perfect Armada. This created an intelligent conscious Armada copy of Matthew in his own mind. Afterward, via training from the pseudo-Armada, Matthew was able to defeat his Armada counterpart and use its power as his own.|